Pages

eTeacher

Adknowledge

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Stupid Lockout

Soon, the NBA players will be locked out. This pisses me off. I don't care what anyone says those players and owners are fucking rich. They have more money than I could ever dream of having. Owners that buy teams for upwards of 300 million dollars and own fortune 500 companies do not need to be quibbling about millions. They do not need to be so bitchy about paying players and making it possible for fans to see the teams play with such high ticket and concession prices. It's bullshit. I love watching basketball but these rich men are ruining it. And I don't just mean the owners. The players too, who act like brats and don't appreciate how lucky they are. It's simple. Take a little bit less money. I'm not referring to all of them. But the ones that earn upwards of 20 million a season need to take a pay cut. That's way to much damn money that they will never spend in their lifetime. Hell, their kids and grandkids couldn't even spend all of it. The owners are losing money because of stupid contracts that some players have. The players want more. I hate when people say that the Heatles all took pay cuts to play together. Over 6 years they are still all making over 100 million. Not even counting endorsements. I haven't even started on that. Some players make over 30 or 40 million with their contracts and endorsements. This is not the majority, but if they are making that much, they sure could take a pay cut. I'm simply speaking as a fan of the game. I love watching the game of basketball. It's such a good game. But this lockout will ruin it. Both sides are selfishly fighting over millions of dollars rather than finding a medium. Players with ridiculous salaries need to take a pay cut. Less than a million isn't fair for players either. Make a harder cap and make the players earn their money instead of all of it being guaranteed. With the extra money earner lower ticket prices and fan gear. The league will gain more popularity. I hate how selfish all these rich people are becoming. Their job is to entertain us and showcase their talent. Not argue over money. They're lucky to be able to play for a living. And they take it for granted. I'm no expert on any of this, but I just wanna see some basketball. 

That is all

No comments:

Post a Comment