Pages

eTeacher

Adknowledge

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Childhood

Man I just finished watching that 30 for 30 on The U. That was a dope ass school back in the 80's. Them dudes didn't care about nothing. Which reminds me of childhood. How you just don't give a fuck cause you don't know enough to care about shit yet. I mean think about it. When we were kids, we never got tired. We ran around, forcing our older sibling to play with us when they didn't want to and to make sure they actually played with us, we'd tell mom. Now when I see little kids, I can see how annoying that could've been. I mean kids have no concept of endurance. They just run and run until someone tells them to stop. Which is weird now cause you gotta be in shape in order to play a simple game of tag.

I remember those TV shows too. Man those were the best back in the day. Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Doug. The list goes on and on. But what inspired kids more than the Fresh Prince. Man he had the dope shoes, the fly ass hats, the clothes that hardly matched but that's all that we wanted to wear. That was our generation and who we are now. If you're having a bad day, find some Rugrats on Netflix and I guarantee you will feel a ton better. Cause like I said, as a child, you just don't give a fuck.

I remember being a kid and not having commitments. That's probably one of the best things. All you gotta do is be at home and keep your parents company. Now we got all these responsibilities. We can't just go outside to play anymore cause we have homework or we realize that it's too damn hot. I remember being able to play 3 or 4 different little league sports cause they only lasted a few months. Now we're locked into a sport year-round. Or a job. Or something.

Man today is one of those days when I just wanna be a kid again. I want it to be one of those summer days when I'm not bored and I can find something to do. Some video game, some book to read, just anything. That's why I can't wait to see my own children. I want to see them have fun outside. I can't wait to see them enjoy all their little league sports. I can't wait to watch them find their favorite shows that they can always go back to. Man, I miss childhood.

"Back in the days when I was young I'm not a kid anymore, but some days I sit and wish I was a kid again."
-Ahmad

That is all

No comments:

Post a Comment