Pages

eTeacher

Adknowledge

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Obsessed

Let's admit it. We are all obsessed with something. Me personally, it has become an obsession with sports and becoming healthy, just a physical specimen. For other people it has become electronics. There's social media and all kinds of other crazy stuff. But we are all obsessed.

Is an obsession healthy at all? I mean all I do all day is read articles about basketball and football and baseball and soccer and the list goes on and on. I read about how culture relates to sports. I read about how athletes do stupid shit. I read about how athletes make tons of money. I read commentary articles about which athlete is going to have a good season and who will have a bad season. I watch the talking heads on ESPN every chance I get, even though I basically hate the Disney Corporation (thanks Mr. Trafton). I like sports a lot. That's all I can say.

I feel like I have an innocent obsession. It's kinda ridiculous I guess but it interests me. At least I'm not locked into a Facebook news feed as if that's the real news. But then again I'm locked into finding out about guys who make a ton more than I could dream of at this point in my life. But hey, at least I have some type of dream. I have a dream to try to achieve something great like that. So maybe an obsession is really okay. If it actually gets you somewhere.

That is all

No comments:

Post a Comment