Pages

eTeacher

Adknowledge

Friday, July 1, 2011

Lockout World

With the NBA lockout now in effect, I am saddened by the fact that basketball could possibly not be around this season at all. Because of this, it is time to prepare myself for a lockout world. First and foremost on my list to fill the void: football. Everyone with a brain knows there will be a football season. The owners are jackasses and are interested in screwing the players out of millions of dollars. I mean seriously those teams make billions of dollars a year. Those owners are multibillionaires. I think they need to stop fighting over how to split up the money. The players actually play the game and risk their bodies. They deserve the money. And so since this is going to happen, football will have to become a major part of my sport watching.

Of course soccer. But since I pay attention to soccer anyways, I'm not exactly filling a void. I suppose I could pay attention to it more. But all that would do is make me realize how much I miss the NBA. So instead of more soccer, maybe some tennis. I like tennis. It's an interesting sport and I respect how hard the guys work. Takes so damn long though. And the screaming, while it can be tuned out, does go a little over the top. Since I'm looking for a quite game, maybe I can turn to golf. But the only way I can do this is if Tiger Woods is back. Otherwise golf is out of the picture.

Baseball. I knew there was a major sport that I was forgetting. I can watch sometimes if the stakes are high enough and good pitchers are pitching. But I hate when ball clubs throw out guys that are like 1-7 on the season with a 5.43 ERA (these are made up I hope). Playoff baseball is something I can get into. Or when the season gets down to the wire. Baseball plays so many games though and sometimes I feel like I'm watching the same play over and over. And the game is really a chess match, because it's all about the pitchers. Fielders have to back up their pitcher but lets be honest, the pitcher does everything. Another thing that sucks about baseball: it rules the Sportscenter Top 10. It is literally the same thing over and over, a diving catch. The catches are sick but come on. All in all though, I think that as the season wears on, baseball can take my interest.

Hockey can also...nah. I'll watch the highlights, maybe catch a few third periods and pretend like I really care about whether the Sharks won or lost. Overall, I don't think hockey is going to be any larger than it ever was. So let's recap. Football will occupy more space. But the games are played on Sundays. And I can't even watch those stupid NFL network Thursday games anyways. So that's not enough. Golf and Tennis have potential. Tennis is a hard sport and I appreciate it. But only if really good players play. You know, like Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic. Oh and the Williams sisters too. And baseball will pick up as well. As the season wears on at least. And hockey...just no.

All in all it is quite possible that I can survive the NBA lockout. Possible. Not likely. Because as I sit here and try to fool myself into thinking that these sports can take over the void that the NBA is leaving, I know it will not happen. It is just not possible. So basically all I'm saying is that the NBA needs to resolve all its problems and be ready by the time the season is supposed to start.

That is all

No comments:

Post a Comment