Pages

eTeacher

Adknowledge

Friday, July 15, 2011

NBA Overseas

I want to talk for a bit about NBA players deciding to make the jump to go play overseas. The reason I want to talk about it is because I hate. it. Let me clarify. In no way am I mad at the players for giving the finger to the owners and deciding to move halfway across the world to continue playing basketball and make money for some other billionaire. In addition, the players that do make the decision to go will grow their own brand and will more than likely draw in more endorsements, which means more money (like they need it). Of course I don't expect many players to leave and even fewer truly star players. Quite honestly, Deron Williams made a bold choice and he is a leader in this effort to go against the owners. I think it is risky though. Not necessarily a huge risk but it is a pretty big risk. I wouldn't be afraid of the players getting hurt while playing, unless is Amare who gets hurt every season. I think the more violent environment would be the thing to be afraid of. But then again, other countries love our players. They adore the NBA for the most part. So I don't think the players would be in too much danger.

The thing I hate the most is that the players that I love to watch play will be playing somewhere else where I will not be able to see them. The lockout is terrible and it makes me mad to just think about it. But when I think about how some of the players will be playing and I can't watch them, it makes it a lot worse. See here's my thing. I'm all for the players deciding to play basketball because that's what they love to do. They want to stay in shape and play the game they love. I just hate how it is going down. Them being forced out of the league because the owners can't figure out how to spend money. It is quite infuriating. So I'm definitely of two minds about this. I love that the players are going to give a collective fuck you to the owners. I just hate that I won't be able to see them play.

That is all

No comments:

Post a Comment