Pages

eTeacher

Adknowledge

Monday, July 11, 2011

Who has the influence?

I wish athletes had more of a voice. There used to be days when athletes would always have something to say. They weren't just athletes but they took on the charge of being a role model as well. They decided that they could use their own influence and ideas to affect change in large groups of people. Nowadays, though, athletes stay out of the political arena. While this is probably the most savvy business decision, I feel like I would have a ton more respect for them if they decided to actually stand up and say something. Take Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant for instance. The best players of their generations but they don't say anything. Imagine how many people would listen to them. Imagine how much influence they could have off the court if they would stand up and take a stand. If I had that much clout with people, I damn sure would use it.

That is all

No comments:

Post a Comment